Data Protection and Privacy (excerpts from WSI Rules & Regulations)
- (1) The Studbook collects, stores, analyzes, publishes, and disseminates data on foals registered by, and other horses entered into, the Studbook.
- (2) The Studbook collects, stores, analyzes, publishes, and disseminates data on owners and breeders of foals registered by, and other horses entered into, the Studbook.
- (3) The Studbook shares data about Members and their horses with the Department and its Central Equine Database to the extent required by legislation.
- (4) The purpose of the Studbook's activities in collecting, storing, analyzing, publishing, disseminating, and sharing data is to advance the Studbook's goal of promoting the breeding of Irish Warmblood horses that jump in international sport and to comply with European and Irish legislation.
(1) Under EU and National law Members have the following rights with respect to data protection and privacy:
- (a) right to have your details used in line with data protection regulations;
- (b) right to information about your personal details;
- (c) right to access your personal details;
- (d) right to know if your personal details are being held;
- (e) right to change or remove your details;
- (f) right to prevent use of your personal details, except as required by European and Irish legislation;
- (g) right to remove your details from a direct marketing list;
- (h) right to object;
- (i) right to freedom from automated decision making;
- (j) right to refuse direct marketing calls or mail.